Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Have Done My Best Sir!

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom."
John Adams, Defense of Constitutions, 1787

My children, my extras, my nieces and nephews, and every other kid that came into my orbit.

Last night while I was sorting and packing I came across snapshots of a Cub Scout ceremony for my Cub Den. My basic stuff is all set at the new place, I am just getting stuff ready to go into storage. This is taking forever because, left to my own devices, I am slow as molasses in winter. I stop and flip through books. I stop and walk over to the front door and look at snapshots in the fading light of day as I face the Coop. I ever popped a DVD in the laptop and watched the little thing Grace put together for Debbie's graduation. I teared up when I saw some of the pics, especially the one of my Tommy, Debbie and Mama Kelley. Then I couldn't make it forward to the next chapter. LOL I called Grace's house and complained to Genevieve that her mother was interfering with my packing.

It's going to take a while, I have lived in this house since July of 1982.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I don't think you have asked me. I am on twitter, but I haven't been on it in ages. I may pick it up again!

http://twitter.com/NavyDoll87

Anonymous said...

Brilliant site, I hadn't noticed bostonmaggie.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Carry on the good work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at bostonmaggie.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Alex

BostonMaggie said...

Alex,
The only link in the post
http://www.constitution.org/jadams/ja1_00.htm

"John Adams:Defence of The Constitutions,1787"

Staff? I wish I had staff!

Anonymous said...

well, it suppose to be in 3D, can I download and watch? will it show normally?