Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Overload

I am usually pretty good at trivia. It's fun at parties and an ego boost when you come up with that answer that's tickling the back of someone's brain.

However, this Thanksgiving some of my wires got crossed.

Jen, Grace, Deb & Gen all watch "Supernatural". It's not that I don't like it, I just never got into it. They all swear if I watched it from the beginning, I would be hooked.

So Thanksgiving night when people are really lethargic and not up for much activity, "Supernatural" comes on. The main characters are brothers Sam and Dean. I tell them that I think that was a singing duo.

After the show, Jen & I head out. In the car we hear Pearl Jam singing "Last Kiss". I say "Hey, I think this is a cover for a Sam & Dean song."

Ok - no.

There are Sam & Dave.

There was Jan & Dean.

There was no Sam & Dean.

And "Last Kiss" was J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers.

I blame all that turkey.

Is there any pie left?

1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

"Hello Friends, I'm your Vitameatavegamin girl. Are your tired? Run down? Listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular? The answer to all of your problems is in this little bottle. Vitameatavegamin. Yes, Vitameatavegamin contains vitamins, meat, vegetables, and minerals. Yes, with Vitameatavegamin you can spoon your way to health. All you do is take a big tablespoonful after every meal. It's so tasty, too. Tastes just like candy. So why don't you join the thousands of happy peppy people and get a great big bottle of Vitameatavegamin tomorrow. That's Vitameatavegamin."